The expectation is that after the field school (and the two courses Geog 391.01 Sustainable Communities and Geog 391.02 Urban Geographies of Northern Europe you will be able to:
- ASK more qualified or conditional questions piercing the who, what, where, when, why, and how of sustainable community development in Northern Europe.
- APPRECIATE sustainability less as a technical concept and more as a call to action as well as a contested social construction set in the context of uneven but dynamic power relations.
- ACKNOWLEDGE, SITUATE, and CONNECT multiple perspectives with respect to sustainability and DEMONSTRATE A KEEN SENSE of how it variably emerges, is imagined, is struggled over, and guides action across different contexts (in Victoria and communities of Northern Europe).
- RECOGNIZE how you are personally implicated in the reproduction of unsustainability and how you can become an agent of positive change.
- DRAW UPON a rich collection of experiences, stories, friendships, and better practices as well as a supportive learning community to INSPIRE sustained, positive action to give back to others and our own community/ies. To take action with traction.